Google Search

Custom Search

Powered by...

Find us on Facebook

Monday 9 January 2012

Netflix is now available in the UK!

I just got an email from Netflix announcing their service is now available in the UK and inviting users to sign up for a one months free trial. The starting price is 5.99 per month for online streaming only. No discs in the post service yet.

I am pretty tempted to cancel my Love Film subscription and switch to Netflix, but only if I can get Netflix in Windows Media Center?

I actually called Netflix, the person I spoke to said I can use the browser and Silverlight but he was not sure about the WMC add-in. I would assume for UK users to get the Netflix add-in in WMC they will have to change their locale to the US. I will try and contact Microsoft to find out more.

image

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please do keep us updated! I'd love WMC integration for netflix uk.

Anonymous said...

Cool, let us know if you get a response from MS, I tried tweeting @Netflixuk.

CW-KID said...

Just asked the question on the Netflix support forum

http://netflixforums.net/forum/customer-support/netflix-in-the-uk-windows-media-center-add-in/

LuKeNuKuM said...

Let us know !

CW-KID said...

More talk here on The Green Button

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1205&p=10061#p10061